Tuesday, August 28, 2012

WORSHIP GOD IN THE MIDST OF YOUR PAIN!

Copyright © 2012 by Dr. William Valmyr

"1 I bless God every chance I get; my lungs expand with his praise. 2 I live and breathe God; if things aren't going well, hear this and be happy: 3 Join me in spreading the news; together let's get the word out. 4 God met me more than halfway, He freed me from my anxious fears. 5 Look at Him; give Him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from Him." (Psalms 34:1-5, The Message Bible)

God is always worthy of our praises! He is worthy of our worship even during the painful seasons of our lives. C.S. Lewis writes in his classic The Problem of Pain: "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. But God wills our good, and our good is to love Him (with that responsive love proper to creatures) and to love Him we must know Him: and if we know Him, we shall in fact fall in our faces." (p. 46)

Do not listen to the lies of the enemy! When the going gets tough, it is not a time to quit on God! It is time for you intensify your worship! I love you and I am praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment